Tuesday, March 20, 2012

When I wish I were sleeping...

When I wish I were sleeping, but can't because despite my best efforts one of my children refuses to sleep, I read books.
It's usually my baby, but the "insomniac child" position rotates, so who knows who I'll be up with tonight. And then tomorrow, when I can barely keep my peepers open, maybe I'll read more. Because who wants to do laundry? Boo. Or work out. Double boooo!

So here's my list for the last few weeks:
Tiger's Curse Series by Colleen Houck. Move over Jacob and Edward... and Emmett (he's my fave). This series is FUN! I got the first book as a baby gift from Tony's sis Shannon, cuz she's awesome, and ordered the second and third and I had them all read within two weeks. There's at least one more coming out this summer and I can't wait!

The Beyonders by Brandon Mull. If you've read his FableHaven series (which I have, and enjoyed very much, and so will you) you'll like this one too! I have the second installment on order and am expecting it anytime next week. Yay! Jason is trapped in an alternate world where one evil wizard dictator rules everything, sees Jason as a threat and tries to take him down. Mwaahhaaahhaaaa!
Am I ashamed that most of my reading choices are books aimed at teens? No. No I am not.

Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I got a copy of this one from my aunt. Let me just say, it's much heavier than the two mentioned above. Think the same dystopic tone as Orwell's 1980, or maybe Animal Farm. A PG-13 Boxcar Children. Low on sensuality and swearing, heavy on the violence. Action packed but with some ideas that made me think... there is a chapter about a boy named "Roland" that made me cringe. Kinda like that scene in Hunger Games where Katniss shoots the other tribute that the dogs maul. Just letting you know...


So there's that! Happy reading!

No comments: