Monday, July 26, 2010

Ouch. And somehow, she has dry eyes.

I don't know what to say to prepare you.... I can't tell you how much I wish she had just peed in the tree again.
This was totally an accident. She and Gage were in the yard hitting golfballs down onto the fairway, and she just leaned over to pick up a ball and Gage got her on his backswing.
He was using real youth clubs with real steel heads.
When they cleaned the dime sized hole in the ER we could see the white of her skull and tendons/nerves? running down her forehead to her eyebrow. I was a little nauseous.
She didn't really cry very much and we got her fixed up right as rain. I think she's such a pretty little thing (I know I'm biased) and it's too bad she'll have that big scar. But seriously, I'm just glad she still has her eye.

6 comments:

angie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is amazing, she is so lucky that is wasn't worse.

Kara said...

Yikes! That is a doozy! Glad she'll be fine! The scar will be a great conversation piece and good story she can hang over Gage's head forever. :) Sorry Lauren!

allyson said...

I'm queezy looking at it still! She must have a high pain tolerance. Maybe bangs are in order?

Hannah said...

Wow!! And not many tears, that's impressive.

chris and brit said...

Ouch!!! She sounds like one tough little girl. Her and Addi can have matching scars seeing how Addi has the same one. WE miss you guys hope all is well

Mendenhalls Unite said...

That's worse than I pictured! Glad he missed her eye too!