Monday, April 4, 2011

Prophets and punches. Oh, and bite-marks.

Can I just start off by saying how wonderful Conference was this weekend? Warmed my soul right down to my little soul-toes! I wish it could be monthly. Or even quarterly would be awesome... Now on to more grim matters: Someone in our house whose name starts with GAGE got into a fist fight at school. The principal called it "a pretty bad tussle for some first-graders." After throwing up at my own wedding and having four babies, I didn't think I could ever feel embarrassed again. Yet somehow, talking to the principal and the other mom made me want to excuse myself to go DIE. I don't know exactly what happened because I was not there, but apparently Gage was chasing a girl who is cute. Other boy didn't like it because he also thinks girl is cute. Boy bites Gage's thumb. Gage does a wrestling-style take down. Boy pulls Gage's hair. Gage punches and at about this time during the "altercation" loses his temper and his mind. Neither boy was seriously injured. Sheesh. Funny side note: Tony and I were BOTH sent to the principals' office in first grade for fighting. (I was framed.) And we both grew up to be relatively non-violent people with short criminal records. That gives me hope.

5 comments:

The Mollotte Family said...

It could be worse. At least he didn't pee on any other kids off the slide. Fist fighting seems a little more normal.:)

Lindsay said...

HAHAH!!! I am laughing so hard right now. I miss that little rufffian. remember that time he kept punching a kid at Mcdonalds? and the kids mom got all mad? (cant imagine why) oh man he is so funny.

allyson said...

I'm laughing too! I love that kid! Such personality and depth.

Eric will appreciate this story.

The McGary's said...

Hey, he was just defending himself and what is rightfully his, that cute girl:)). Between you and Ashley you guys keep me laughing with your stories.

vvjenks said...

If it makes you feel better (or worse) I was sent to the principal's office in first grade for playing kiss tag--what exactly is that. When you tag someone, you give them a kiss--imagine that?

I don't remember Tony being sent to the principal's office--I may not have heard about it!