Monday, February 14, 2011

Hhmmmm.... Tin and Aluminum?

The traditional gift giving theme for a tenth anniversary. And I'm stumped.
'Cause that's what today is. . . our tenth anniversary. And I think my gift for Tony of new snow boots is lame. (But he needed some, so I got him some. But they do not contain any tin. Or aluminum. At least, that is what I imagine. They do have little metal eyelets, I wonder what those are made of. Maybe brass? Now I'm rambling.)

So who'd have every imagined we'd put up with each other for ten whole years? I know. Lots of people. This post will probably be a complete shocker and awer to a few out there...
But I can't say I'm surprised. Even when he drives me crazy, or makes a mess, or delivers bad news, or makes another mess, I can't seem to ever forget that he is indeed my best friend. He puts up with all my crazies, even the ones I try to hide from myself.
And I love his twinkly little eyes when he laughs, and his wide hands that are like bear paws. I LOVE that he still has his hair! I also love that a minimal amount of that hair has migrated to his back. (Given his family history, this is a reasonable concern.) I love that he still wears the same size pants as when we were married. I love how he sleeps with his palm to his forehead like he's trying to hold a sticker on or something. I love that when he gets home from work, he always has an anxious look on his face, hoping someone will run to give him a hug and yell "Daddy's home!" So many things...
So I think we're having a pretty good life together.

Here's to the next ten! Happy Anniversary.

6 comments:

Kody and Bethany Dribnak said...

Congrats guys! Who would've thought? =)

The Mollotte Family said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!! I loved everything about your post. ;)

vvjenks said...

I lose track of how many years - 10 is a great number for two great people.

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary! Here's to many many more happy years!!

allyson said...

I am shedding a tear(s). You have a way with words. You're a beautiful couple with adorable offspring!

Brooke said...

You popped into my head about 6 times on Valentines Day! You guys are the best. I love all the cute little things that only you get to know about, that you shared. He's a lucky dude to have you. When can we get together?