Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tulle and Smores


Last weekend was Jocelyn's dance recital. This picture sums it up. She is ALL about focus. Strength under pressure.
She really did enjoy dance lessons and it makes me smile thinking about how hard she tries. She still hasn't mastered the one footed hop. She told me that she knows all the other dancers can do it and she can't. That tugs at my heart strings a little, but she is so cute that I think she is one of the best. (She is also one of the youngest, so that's got to count for something.) She did pretty well at remembering the steps during dress rehearsal.

Too bad it didn't last for the real performance. She is second from the left, second row. There was another number but I'll spare you. $350 well spent. Sorry the video is grainy and wobbly. I am totally to blame for that little gem. And yes, that's Michael in the background.

On Saturday night, we took the kids out for a "campfire" minus the camping.
They thought it was the best thing ever. Gage ate about 12 marshmallows.

Daddy showing them how a master does it.

Dinner was preceded by a nature walk...


and jousting.



We also found a big dead pelican. Sorry I didn't get a picture. Next time.
We showed our house again today. Twice. Same people. That's usually a good sign, but we'll see. This can't last much longer, right? I mean, I know we've got a pretty limited number of serious buyers, but living like someone could call anytime to stop by and look in your cupboards, fridge and closets is not fun. I'm hoping that we'll be able to get this house sold, closed and move into another place before the baby is born. We have about 90 days.
I've always been a big dreamer.
Cross your fingers for us.









5 comments:

angie said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I can't stand having the house clean all the time. We've showed the house twice to a couple of lookers, and nothing. Hopefully you have better luck than us.

Em said...

such cute pictures, and I loved the commentary. You crack me up. I'm pretty disappointed I didn't get a pic of the dead pelican.

So you're selling your house? The one you just built? Where are you living, by the way?

*~McGarys~* said...

I was watching the movie you posted and Noah said that he wanted to see the Princesses dance:) lol

Kara said...

That Jossy is too cute! I love it! Nice family outing also. Dead pelican? Could be worse--someone could have touched it! :o

Ashley and Dave said...

I think she did such a fantastic job!! I am sad that I missed it :( Sorry Jocy. At least Kins got to be there!